Cycle back roads and off road elephant tracks between these two northern cities, stopping at caves, temples and small river towns. Spend some time travelling by boat, and by elephant too!
Day 1 : Pick up from hotel and start riding from Bua Thong waterfall along country back roads before cutting off road and riding an elephant trail to the resort near Chiang Dao.
Day 2 : Visit Chiang Dao caves and then ride through rice fields among soaring limestone cliffs before hitting dirt roads cut by local hill tribes — the Akha, Lisu, Lau and Palaung people.
Day 3 : Ride to Tub Tao Caves and temple retreat and continue cycling on back roads through small villages before lunching in Fang. A flat afternoon ride takes us to the small town of Mae Salak and our riverside resort.
Day 4 :From the resort we ride to a Lakhu village then hitch a ride on a long-tail boat (with our bikes) downriver and cycle off road to Ban Ruamitr. Have a ride on an elephant before cycling to Chiang Rai
Departure on 2nd and 25th monthly
The prince: Contact Us
- Transfers as mentioned above by private air conditioned car
- English speaking tour guide
- Accommodation in tour
- Meals as mentioned in program
- Elephant show, elephant riding, caves entrance fees
- Beverages, guide tips and personal expenses
- “Hall of Opium” museum entrance fees (optional visit, to be paid locally)
- Compulsory Gala Dinner at hotels (only during festive periods)